Subscribe:

Monday, March 21, 2011

We've Come This Far?

In deeply studying II Samuel these last few weeks, one verse keeps ringing true in my spirit.  I think it sums up our year, and points back to God for all the things that have come.

 “Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?" (II Samuel 7:18)

Last year, at this time, I was just getting a small glimpse of the major changes that God was going to place into our lives.  During those days, I was feeling discontent and confusion, wondering what was going to happen to us.  But, God is so big and loves us exceedingly more than I could have ever imagined.  He's taken a shell of something broken, and turned us into a family united and seeking daily through complete servitude.  I look back and can't help to think, "What are we that You have brought us out of the miry pit, and have taken us further than what was even fathomable?"  I would love to say that we had some big part in all of this, but our role was simple.  Prayer, petition, obedience and seeking.  God did all the rest - providing a way for us to home school, providing finances for our business, selling our home in record time, giving us a temporary home that fits all of our needs, bringing us as a couple together to pray daily, keeping us healthy, giving us friends to keep us uplifted and accountable, speaking through His Word, opening doors, shutting doors, speaking through our Pastor, and the list goes on and on. 

So, as we come to the close of our school year (6 weeks left) I can't help but give all of the glory to God.  How did we come this far?  God.  What are we that He brought us so far?  His son and daughter.  I can't hardly wait to see what's next.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thanks for sharing on Teach Me Tuesday!

Post a Comment